[Jackaudio] ALSA tab missing

Andrew Brown buddhabrown08 at gmail.com
Mon May 18 13:19:52 CEST 2020

hi every one,

I have been trying to get a midi drum machine connected to Hydrogen.  The
first time was not a problem through Qjackctl.  second time they would not
connect.

I tried some tutorials on youtube but now I have lost the alsa tab in the
Connect screen.  I thing a2jmidid -e was the command that stuffed it.

I have tried uninstalling and purgering Jack but after reinstalling it is
the same.

Can some one help or at least point me in the right direction?

I am using Ubuntu Studio based on Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS.  I haven't upgraded
due to all the unfinished projects I have going.