[Jackaudio] Is it possible to connect two usb input devices to jack (linux)? (neophyte question)

Barnet Wagman bdwgen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 21:36:00 CEST 2020

I have two usb audio input devices that I'd like to mix and connect to
Jamulus, an application that uses jack (not pulseaudio). I'm trying to
find out if this is possible.

I'm running jack2 on a debian 10 system. There's one audio card (chip,
actually) that's listed as HDA Intel.

FYI The usb input devices are a Shure MV5 microphone and a Scarlett Solo
audio interface.

I can connect either of these devices to jack by specify one from
qjackctl setup: Settings -> Advanced -> Input device.

I don't see how to capture and mix the input from both devices. I
haven't found any documentation that explains how to do this or if it's
possible.

Thanks