robert.wolf at copernicus.org.au
Mon Apr 5 02:04:38 CEST 2021
I am developing a software synthesiser.
My question is about how much headroom I need to leave.
My understanding is:
1. The audio range is from -1.0 to 1.0 (yes/no?).
2. Anything above 1.0 or below -1.0 will be clipped.
3. If the audio interface is 16 bit, then -1.0 corresponds to -32768 and
1.0 corresponds to 32767.
4. If I play a note on a synthesiser and it generate sine wave from -1.0
to 1.0 then this is no good. I need to divide it by some number to leave
5. The question is, how much headroom I need?
Any help would be appreciated.
With kind regards,
More information about the JackAudio