[Jackaudio] Jack Copilot : JackPilot revival on macOS 64 bits systems

BAVU Eric eric.bavu at lecnam.net
Sun Jan 10 01:13:40 CET 2021

Hey Filipe,

Thanks a lot for your reports.

> 1. xcodebuild fails with:
>
> error: This Copy Files build phase contains a reference to a missing file 'AMCoreAudio.framework'. (in target 'JackCoPilot' from project 'JackCoPilot')

I think this is related to the way I (badly) configured the build phases in JackCopilot.xcodeproj.

AMCoreAudio.xcodeproj is ideed included in JackCopilot.xcodeproj so it should build as a dependancy, but that was not the case.

It dit not cause any problem on my computer since I already compiled AMCoreAudio separately, my bad for that. I will modify that in JackCopilot.xcodeproj so that you can (hopefully) build it without this error.

> So something extra is needed to be installed?

See my answer above.

> Arquiving also fails, but I can just removed the CLI options for that.

I do not understand what you say here.

> There is https://github.com/dwarvesf/AMCoreAudio but no idea on what to do regarding installing for development use.
> Could it be added to your project as git submodule, so it is easier to build the full thing?

AMCoreAudio comes from rnine (see README in my repository), and the full rnine AMCoreAudio source code is already included in my git (even more than needed I think since I have put the entire clone of rnine’s AMCoreAudio git repo).

> 2. patchage is x64 only. it references Jackmp.framework which does not exist in the new jack2 installer, so it cannot run

This may be related to the fact that I compiled it using waf on my x64 computer. The fact it references Jackmp.framework is also related to the fact that it was built using the current jack libraries I have (I’m still happy with sletz’s 0.92b3 and I did not install the new Jack).

As also explained in the README, Patchage can be built by getting the sources at https://gitlab.com/drobilla/patchage/-/tree/master .

> 3. JackCoPilot is seen as universal binary, but crashes right on start with "trace trap" message.
> Trying to run with rosetta/x64 mode also crashes on start, this time with "illegal hardware instruction".

Since the build did not succeeded on your computer, I assume you tried by installing JackCopilot 1.2.1 .app using the .dmg installer ?

Would be interesting to know if it’s related to the fact it was built on my computer ?

I will try to modify the build phases configuration so that you can build it on you Mac Mini M1.

PS : do you have access to the xcode gui to compile, or is it a headless server ?