[Jackaudio] Noise when using JACK in Linux Mint

Patrick Pouget forums.info at patrick.pouget.name
Mon Nov 28 09:16:40 CET 2022

White noise is, in general, due to format mismatch. I mean data types,
sample rate, number of channels etc...

I can see 2 causes
* Jack should be queried for the format by the application. If you have
the problem with many, it is not the case
* jack relay on drivers that return wrong informations or no
information or a default information. Do you have a "layer" between the
drivers (alsa oss etc...) and jack?