[Jackaudio] Glitches when adding connections

Patrick Pouget forums.info at patrick.pouget.name
Mon Jan 2 22:36:21 CET 2023

If you are using 192K sample rate, 32 bits, 32 channels is a 197Mhz
bandwidth. It is not that low. Correct me if I am wrong, netjack is
TCP/IP, not AVB?  transmiting at 20% of the maximum is subject to some
care as the TCP/IP does not have clean priority management. Are you
using the switch for other computers? do you send more data (especially
when connect and siconnect)? is it a cheap switch (which run as "store
and forward")?
If you are ready to sacrify a cable (or buy the sortest in the same
serie), cut it and check if the pairs are separated by a metalic sheet
to each other (+ the general rfi propection). Crosstalks can generate
retries.