[Jackaudio] Installing Jack - deleting packaged Jack

worik root at worik.org
Sun Jan 15 01:46:27 CET 2023

Friends

This is a bit off topic, as it is really a Debian system management question

I wish to deploy Jack on my system from source.

I have built jack with only warnings using
https://jackaudio.org/faq/build_info.html

Paying attention to the caveats on that page I need to remove the
packaged Jackd.

I am on a debian based system and `apt remove jackd` wants to remove all
my programmes that depend on Jack (fair enough), but naturally that is
not what I want.

How do I move the packaged jack aside without also moving aside all the
programmes I wish to use with Jack?

cheers

Worik

--
     If not me then who?  If not now then when?  If not here then where?
               So, here I stand, I can do no other