[linux-audio-announce] Quicktoot release number 8

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Tue Sep 17 06:02:15 EDT 2002

We are pleased to announce Quicktoot release number 8

----------------------------------

Recording Audio from JACK-Enabled Applications in Ardour written by Tony
Schiavone.

http://www.boosthardware.com/LAU/quicktoots/

  If you don't know how to do this you don't know JACK!

Essential reading for anyone who wants to get multiple audio apps
working in realtime with low latency in the Linux environment. JACK is
the Jack Audio Connection Kit - the Linux answer to Core Audio. Ardour
is a professional Digital Audio Workstation. MusE is a professional MIDI
editor. You want to have these working together like Tux needs water.

-----------------------------------

The purpose of the Quicktoots are to provide a community resource of
informative guides for using Linux audio applications.

The Quicktoots are the brainchild of Dave Phillips the man responsible
for the most comprehensive webpage devoted to Linux audio applications.
The Linux Sound and Midi page. Your one stop resource for Linux sound
software.

http://www.bright.net/~dlphilp/linuxsound/

If you are in the position to link to any of the quicktoots please link
to the main page. That way we can keep more accurate statistics on the
amount of people viewing the pages.

If you are interested in contributing to the Quicktoots please let us
know. All work must be submitted to either Dave or myself and we will
give advice or make changes to ensure our publishing standard is met. If
you are not able to send html don't worry because I am willing to format
any braindumps.

Enjoy.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur

"Um...symbol_get and symbol_put... They're
kindof like does anyone remember like get_symbol
and put_symbol I think we used to have..."
- Rusty Russell in his talk on the module subsystem