[linux-audio-announce] pyalsa - python midi wrappers and useful MIDI <-> alsa mixer

Phil Frost indigo at bitglue.com
Mon Dec 4 23:50:24 EST 2006

Quite a while ago I developed some python interfaces to the less
realtime critical components of the ALSA library, including most of the
MIDI and mixer interfaces.

I also developed an application in Python that can bind ALSA mixer
elements to MIDI CC messages. It has no GUI by design, and can send
feedback as CC messages when the mixer state changes (useful if you have
a MIDI control surface with motorized faders like the BCF2000).

I had intended to put some polish on the thing and then announce it, but
that was about a year ago and it hasn't happened, so I now announce the
project at <http://bitglue.com/pyalsa>.