[linux-audio-announce] Rivendell v0.9.67

Fred Gleason fredg at salemradiolabs.com
Thu Mar 16 22:24:51 EST 2006

I'm pleased to announce the release of Rivendell v0.9.67.   Rivendell is a
full-featured Radio Automation System that is available under the GNU General
Public License.  From the NEWS file:

*** snip snip ***
Changes:
   Audio Metadata Import Enhancements.  Rivendell will now recognize
   and import a wide variety of audio metadata formats, including:

      AES46-2002 (aka "CartChunk")
      ID3v1 and ID3v2 Tags
      TM Century "GoldWave" Extensions
      TM Century "GoldDrive" Format

   RDImport Enhancements.  RDImport has been completely rewritten from
   scratch, with an eye to improved stability and features (including
   'SingleCart' and 'DropBox' modes).  Do 'rdimport --help' at a
   command prompt to get a list of the possibilities.

   RDCatch Enhancements.  It's now possible to configure AutoTrim and
   Normalization of Download Events, as well as Normalization of
   Record Events.

   New Report Type.  An 'ASCAP/BMI Electronic Music Report' report
   format has been added.  This uses the so-called "Paris" format to
   generate EDI records that can be submitted directly to ASCAP/BMI
   for satisfaction of a station's music reporting requirements.  New
   data fields (including Composer, Publisher and Usage Type) have
   also been added to the library to accommodate this functionality.

   Many BugFixes.  See the ChangeLog for details.
*** snip snip ***

Library Versions:
   This version requires that, at a minimum, libradio-0.97.0 and
   librhpi-0.94.6 be installed.  If installing from RPM, the version of
   the currently installed libraries can be determined by doing:

      rpm -q libradio
      rpm -q librhpi

Database Update:
   As always, be sure to run RDAdmin immediately after
   upgrading to allow any necessary changes to the database schema to
   be applied.

Further information, including download links can be found at:

        http://www.salemradiolabs.com/rivendell/

Cheers!

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. | Director of Broadcast Software Development  |
|                           |             Salem Radio Labs                |
|     Be bold, and don't fear failure.  Treat failure as a blessing,      |
|     because mediocre goals are poison.                                  |
|                                          -- Dan Goldin                  |