[LAA] [ANN] guitarix-0.05.6-1 released

hermann brummer- at web.de
Fri Jan 1 06:30:31 EST 2010

Happy new year to all

I would announce a new release from guitarix

guitarix is a simple Linux Rock Guitar amplifier and is designed
to achieve nice thrash/metal/rock/blues guitar sounds.
Guitarix uses the Jack Audio Connection Kit as its audio backend
and brings in one input and two output ports to the jack graph.

Release 0.05.6-1 changes:

  * add delay effect
  * fix build against Gtk+ ver.2.12
  * optimize GUI thread and reworked GUI
  * various bugs fixed

have fun

guitarix is licensed under the GPL.

Project page with screenshots:
         http://guitarix.sourceforge.net/

download:
         http://sourceforge.net/projects/guitarix/

For capture, guitarix uses the external application
'jack_capture' (version >= 0.9.30) written by Kjetil
S. Matheussen. If you don't have it installed,
you can look here:

         http://old.notam02.no/arkiv/src/?M=D

For extra Impulse Responses, guitarix uses the
convolution application 'jconvolver' created by Fons Adriaensen.
If you don't have it installed, you can look here:

         http://www.kokkinizita.net/linuxaudio/index.html

I(hermann) use faust to build the prototype and will say
thanks to

         : Julius Smith
         http://ccrma.stanford.edu/realsimple/faust/

         : Albert Graef