[LAA] LAC 2012: the Linux Audio Conference - Call for Participation

Thu Oct 20 17:43:32 UTC 2011

LAC 2012: the Linux Audio Conference - Call for Participation
April 12-15, 2012 @ CCRMA, Stanford University

http://lac.linuxaudio.org/2012/

[Apologies for cross-postings] [Please distribute]

Online submission of papers, music, installations and workshops is now
open! On the website you will find up-to-date instructions, as well as
important information about deadlines, travel, lodging, and so on. Read
on for more details!

We invite submissions of papers addressing all areas of audio processing
based on Linux and open source software. Papers can focus on technical,
artistic or scientific issues and can target developers or users. We are
also looking for music that has been produced or composed entirely or
mostly using Linux and other Open Source music software.

The Deadline for all submissions is January 11th, 2012

The Linux Audio Conference (LAC) is an international conference that
brings together musicians, sound artists, software developers and
researchers, working with Linux as an open, stable, professional
platform for audio and media research and music production. LAC includes
paper sessions, workshops, and a diverse program of electronic music.

The upcoming 2012 conference will be hosted at CCRMA, Stanford
University, on April 12-15. The Center for Computer Research in Music
and Acoustics (CCRMA) at Stanford University is a multi-disciplinary
facility where composers and researchers work together using
computer-based technology both as an artistic medium and as a research
tool. CCRMA has been using and developing Linux as an audio platform
since 1997.

http://ccrma.stanford.edu

Stanford University is located in the heart of Silicon Valley, about one
hour south of San Francisco, California. This is the first time LAC will
take place in the United States.

http://www.stanford.edu

We look forward to seeing you at Stanford in April!

Sincerely,

The LAC 2012 Organizing Team