[LAA] [ANN] Qtractor 0.7.3 - A Tackier Gluon is out!
Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org
Tue Dec 29 16:41:40 UTC 2015
Hello there and again,
This time getting ready for the NYE. Prepare to party, the countdown has
begun... but first, let there be just one cheesier announcement ;o)
Qtractor 0.7.3 (a tackier gluon) is released!
Everyone is strongly invited to upgrade. No excuses.
Qtractor  is an audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer application
written in C++ with the Qt framework . Target platform is Linux,
where the Jack Audio Connection Kit (JACK ) for audio and the
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA ) for MIDI are the main
infrastructures to evolve as a fairly-featured Linux desktop audio
workstation GUI, specially dedicated to the personal home-studio.
Change-log (since last cheesy release):
- Slight increase on the number of decimal digits for the plugin
parameters while on the generic plugin properties dialog. Also applied
to automation curve node value editing.
- Unlimited slack is now in effect on editing over and beyond the
current session or clip contents length, on both the main tracks and
MIDI clip editor (piano-roll) views.
- Ctrl+click and dragging the left or right edges of a clip will now
make it spill over and replicate as many clip clones as it fits in the
left or right horizontal extent.
- Added View/Note Type and Value Type command menus to the MIDI clip
editor (aka. piano-roll) which opens the possibility for discrete
shortcuts to switching views eg. Note Velocity and Controller views
(after a kind request by yubatake, thanks).
- Fixed the conversion and/or override of MIDI clip offsets when moving
and copy/pasting across tempo/time-signature changes.
- Fixed MIDI file track/channel duration estimator, which was giving
quite wrong and way too short reads.
- Fixed a drag-and-drop bug over the main tracks view, when new tracks
were being inserted at the top and not to the bottom as is normally
indicated by the floating visual placeholder.
- Fixed LV2UI_Resize handle from extension_data(LV2_UI__resize), now
passing LV2UI_Handle in first argument to ui_resize(), as found correct
and needed for resizable/scaleable LV2 UI's, most specially to ssj71's
so called Infamous Plugins, thanks.
- source tarball:
- source package (openSUSE Tumbleweed):
- binary packages (openSUSE Tumbleweed):
- wiki (on going, help wanted!):
Weblog (on going, upstream support):
Qtractor  is free, open-source Linux Audio  software,
distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL )
version 2 or later.
 Qtractor - An audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer
 Qt framework, C++ class library and tools for
cross-platform application and UI development
 JACK Audio Connection Kit
 ALSA, Advanced Linux Sound Architecture
 Linux Audio consortium of libre software for audio-related work
 GPL - GNU General Public License
Enjoy && Happy New Year.
rncbc aka. Rui Nuno Capela
More information about the Linux-audio-announce