[LAA] Qtractor 0.7.0 - The Muon Base is out!
Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org
Mon Jul 27 13:41:02 UTC 2015
Stepping up to Summer'15 release frenzy stage scene, in it's fourth and
hopefully last act,
Qtractor 0.7.0 (muon base beta) is out!
Qtractor  is an audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer application written
in C++ with the Qt framework . Target platform is Linux, where the
Jack Audio Connection Kit (JACK ) for audio and the Advanced Linux
Sound Architecture (ALSA ) for MIDI are the main infrastructures to
evolve as a fairly-featured Linux desktop audio workstation GUI,
specially dedicated to the personal home-studio.
As a major highlight to this release, there's the advent of regular MIDI
controllers mapping/assignment to main application menu command actions,
just like normal PC-keyboard shortcuts, is being introduced (cf. main
Have a 'hotta' Summer'15 ;)
- source tarball:
- source package (openSUSE 13.2):
- binary packages (openSUSE 13.2):
- wiki (help wanted!):
Weblog (upstream support):
Qtractor  is free, open-source Linux Audio  software,
distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL )
version 2 or later.
- Complete rewrite of Qt4 vs. Qt5 configure builds.
- Revised MIDI Controlllers catch-up algorithm.
- Mixer multi-row layout gets a little bit of a fairness fix.
- Non-continuous MIDI Controllers now have their Hook and Latch options
disabled as those are found not applicable,
- As an alternative to PC-keyboard shortcuts, MIDI controllers are now
also assignable and configurable for any of the main menu command
actions, all from the same old configuration dialog (Help/Shortcuts...).
- Fixed missing Track and Clip sub-menus from Edit/context-menu that
were found AWOL ever since after the Lazy Tachyon beta release (> 0.6.6).
- An off-by-one bar position (as in BBT, bar, beat and ticks) has been
purportedly fixed as long as LV2 Time/Position atom event transfer goes.
- French (fr) translation line to desktop file added (patch by Olivier
- A new top-level widget window geometry state save and restore
sub-routine is now in effect.
- Improved MIDI clip editor resilience across tempo and time-signature
- Keyboard shortcuts configuration (Help/Shortcuts...) now lists
complete menu/action path where available.
- Fixed in-flight VST plugin editor (GUI) resizing.
- Added support to LV2UI_portMap extension, found really handy for the
cases where you have multiple plugins with different port configurations
and a single common UI to drive them all (pull request by Hanspeter
Portner aka. ventosus, thanks).
 Qtractor - An audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer
 Qt framework, C++ class library and tools for
cross-platform application and UI development
 JACK Audio Connection Kit
 ALSA, Advanced Linux Sound Architecture
 GPL - GNU General Public License
Enjoy && keep the fun.
rncbc aka. Rui Nuno Capela
More information about the Linux-audio-announce