[LAA] [ANN] Qtractor 0.8.5 - The Autumn'17 Release!
Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org
Mon Dec 4 16:04:23 UTC 2017
While this Fall still lasts... and before the New Year/Sun cycle comes
in and sure will goes out...
And then there is the time when a couple of things that most may find
well, badly interesting: one it's primarily and visually evident and
adds up as an UI/UX thingy, while the other may land way more beyond the
scenes, not so obviously perhaps, but having an impact on the short and
not so short but long run. You tell me.
Qtractor 0.8.5 (autumn'17) os now released!
The short list is, or better yet, there are these:
* File-system browser/tree-view (NEW)
* Out-of process/cache plugin scan (ALL plugin types, not just Linux-VST
And the not so short list but quite the same information (aka. change-log):
- Audio clip gain and panning properties are now taken into
consideration when hash-linking (aka. ref-counting) their back-end buffers.
- New out-of-process plug-in inventory scan and cache option, replacing
the old (aka. dummy) VST plug-in scan option and extending its function
to all other plug-in types: LADSPA, DSSI and also LV2 (cache only).
- A File System browser and tree-view is finally integrated as a
dockable-widget on the main application window (cf. main menu View /
Window / File System).</li>
- Drag-and-dropping of session, audio and MIDI files over the main
track-list (left pane) is now possible, allowing for yet another quick
means to open a new session or add new tracks to the current session.
- MIDI input/capture time-stamping has been fixed as much to avoid
missing inbound events, when play-head is near the loop-end point and
the loop-start is set below the absolute first half-a-second (<0.5sec).
- LV2 Time/Transport speed information is now set on rolling when in
audio export aka freewheeling mode.
- Added *.SF3 to soundfont instrument files filter, on View >
Instruments... > Import... file dialog.
- A brand new View/Options.../Display/Meters/Show meters on track
list/left pane option has been added.
Qtractor  is an audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer application
written in C++ with the Qt framework . Target platform is Linux,
where the Jack Audio Connection Kit (JACK ) for audio and the
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA ) for MIDI are the main
infrastructures to evolve as a fairly-featured Linux desktop audio
workstation GUI, specially dedicated to the personal home-studio.
- source tarball:
- source package:
- binary packages (openSUSE Tubleweed):
- AppImage  packages:
Wiki (help wanted!):
- static rendering:
- user manual & how-to's:
Qtractor  is free, open-source Linux Audio  software,
distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL )
version 2 or later.
 Qtractor - An audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer
 Qt framework, C++ class library and tools for
cross-platform application and UI development
 JACK Audio Connection Kit
 ALSA, Advanced Linux Sound Architecture
 Linux Audio consortium of libre software for audio-related work
 GPL - GNU General Public License
 AppImage, Linux apps that run anywhere
Enjoy && Keep having fun.
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
More information about the Linux-audio-announce