[LAA] QmidiCtl 0.5.1 - An Early Winter'18 Release

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Fri Jan 12 09:06:35 UTC 2018

Hi there!

Happy new year to y'all! I know I'm a little bit late on that, but can
you _feel_ the news? No? There's _no fake news_ whatsoever! I'd let you
solve the riddle by yourself as it's way more fun that way ;)

   QmidiCt 0.5.1 (early winter'18) released!

QmidiCt [1] is a MIDI remote controller application that sends MIDI data
over the network, using UDP/IP multicast. Inspired by multimidicast [6]
and designed to be compatible with ipMIDI for Windows [7]. QmidiCt [1]
has been primarily designed for the Maemo [8] enabled handheld devices,
namely the Nokia N900 [9] and also being promoted to the Maemo Package
[10] repositories. Nevertheless, QmidiCtl [1] may still be found
effective as a regular desktop application as well.

See also: QmidiNet [2] - A MIDI network gateway via UDP/IP multicast.

Website:
   http://qmidictl.sourceforge.net
   https://qmidictl.sourceforge.io
Project page:
   http://sourceforge.net/projects/qmidictl
Downloads:
   http://sourceforge.net/projects/qmidictl/files
- source tarball:
   http://download.sf.net/qmidictl/qmidictl-0.5.1.tar.gz
- source package:
   http://download.sf.net/qmidictl/qmidictl-0.5.1-13.rncbc.suse.src.rpm
- binary package:

http://download.sf.net/qmidictl/qmidictl-0.5.1-13.rncbc.suse.x86_64.rpm
- AppImage [11] package:
   http://download.sf.net/qmidictl/qmidictl-0.5.1-3.x86_64.AppImage
- Android package: (*NEW*;)
   http://download.sf.net/qmidictl/qmidictl-0.5.1-3.apk
   https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.rncbc.qmidictl
   https://qmidictl.en.aptoide.com/

Git repos:
   http://git.code.sf.net/p/qmidictl/code
   https://github.com/rncbc/qmidictl.git
   https://gitlab.com/rncbc/qmidictl.git
   https://bitbucket.com/rncbc/qmidictl.git

Change-log (since last QStuff* End-of-Autumn'17 release [12]):
- A little hardening on the configure (autoconf) macro side.
- A rather naive attempt to port to the Android-Qt platform; also
introducing an (Android) Action Bar menu look-a-like.

License:
   QmidiCt [1] is free, open-source Linux Audio [4] software, distributed
under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2 or
later [5].