[LAA] [ANN] jack-select 1.2.0 released

Christopher Arndt chris at chrisarndt.de
Wed Apr 17 18:38:19 CEST 2019

Ciao tutti!

I'm happy to report that I just released the new version 1.2.0 of
*jack-select*!

What is it?

*jack-select* is a systray app to set the JACK configuration from
QjackCtl presets via DBus. It displays an icon in the system tray of
your desktop, which shows the status of the JACK audio server and when
you click on it, a menu pops up, which lets you quickly select from the
JACK configuration presets you created with QjackCtl. This allows you to
switch between different audio setups with just two mouse clicks.

*jack-select* works with the DBus-version of JACK only. It is written in
Python 3 using the ``PyGObject`` bindings for GTK 3. Python 2 is not
supported.

What's new?

* Now detects changes in connected ALSA devices and enables/disables
  menu entries for presets, which use these devices.
* Added command line option '-a', '--no-alsa-monitor' to disable ALSA
  device monitoring and filtering.
* Made some logging improvements.

Where to get it?

    https://github.com/SpotlightKid/jack-select

or via pip (but see the "Requirements" section in the README first):

    pip install jack-select

or, for Arch Linux users, from the AUR:

    https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/jack-select/

How to use it?