[LAA] Drumstick Multiplatform MIDI File Player 1.6.0 Released
pedro.lopez.cabanillas at gmail.com
Sun May 15 23:55:45 CEST 2022
Drumstick (https://drumstick.sourceforge.io/docs/index.html) is a set of
GPLv3 licensed C++/Qt libraries for MIDI applications. The project includes
several tools as examples, and among them is the drumstick-guiplayer
utility that leverages the Drumstick::ALSA library, so it is available only
for Linux (because the ALSA sequencer is a linux only technology). Some
people have requested a program with the same functionalities also on
Windows and macOS, so here it is. But this project is much more ...
Some key features:
* MIDI Output to hardware MIDI ports, or any other Drumstick backends, like
* Transpose song tonality between -12 and +12 semitones
* Change MIDI volume level (using MIDI CC7)
* Scale song speed between half and double tempo
* Supports MID/KAR/RMI (Standard MIDI Files) and WRK (Cakewalk) file
This release is dedicated to the Galician Literature Day (May 17th).
Changes in v1.6.0:
* Czech translation updated. Thanks to Pavel Fric.
* New Galician translation and help page.
* New Galician song: Negra Sombra.
* New temporary Splash screen for Galician language users.
* Frameless CSD tool windows (channels, player piano, lyrics, help).
* Better compatibility with Qt6.
* Fixed the wrong icon shown in KDE+Wayland.
* Load translations earlier, for command line options.
* Avoid trying to load translations for English.
* Requires: drumstick-2.6.
* C++11 compiler
* Qt5 >= 5.15 or Qt6 >= 6.2
* Drumstick libraries v2.6
* Uchardet v0.0.7
* CMake 3.14
* Pandoc (when BUILD_DOCS=on)
Copyright (C) 2021-2022 Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas
License: GPL v3 or later
Project and Source Repositories
More information about the Linux-audio-announce