[linux-audio-dev] dev help requested

ljp ljp at llornkcor.com
Tue Dec 3 07:31:01 UTC 2002

hello,
I am writing a audio recording app for linux pdas, of the zaurus sort. I am
running into a problem with switching sampling rates on the target device,
and need some help to find a work around for a buggy driver, which I have no
control over, as it's shipped with the device, and is not a kernel module.
When testing on my x86 desktop, and various audio cards, everything works as
planned.
But when running on the device (arm based processor, tc35143 audio chip - heh
for whatever its worth), when I request a new sampling rate, the
driver/device seems to change, no errors are reported. I can ask the driver
what the rate is and it reports what I requested, but the actual amount of
data received is at the previous rate. I can close the app and get the actual
intended rate.
I have tried doing a fork, in hopes maybe the driver was holding process
information. No joy.
I don't want to have to resample the input, as it seems a waste of cpu, and as
a musician... blasphamy.

Any hints, or suggestions would be welcomed.

thanks,
ljp

--
My cat's a debugger....

Potter, Lorn, "ljp"
core member / Web Administrator
Project OPIE- the Open Palmtop Integrated Environment
http://opie.handhelds.org | http://www.opie.info (german) |
http://www.opie.us
IRC: irc.freenode.net #opie #opie.de

llornkcor at handhelds.org