[linux-audio-dev] Re: [linux-audio-user] LAD Meeting at ZKM, Karlsruhe/Germany 14.-16. March 2003

Martin Wolters martinw at atc.creative.com
Wed Dec 4 21:07:01 UTC 2002

This sounds like a great idea. I am not completely clear on the scope of
the event. Besides the different focus of discussions, what is the
difference between public and non-public? I am also interested in the
expected quality and general structure of public sessions: Who do you
expect will attend? How long is a presentation? Presentation language?
Available equipment? Will there be presentations in parrallel or just
sequentially in a single room?

I have two ideas, but I am not certain that they will fit the program:

a) "Using Linux and OpenSource software for Digital Audio Signal
Processing Development"
(Related to a toots that I am trying to write since a few months. Maybe
I can get that done by then - it certainly would be an incentive to
finnish. Scope inlucdes Octave and various frameworks [ladspa,
portaudio, simple GUI] that can be applied to audio signal processing
development and related research)

b) Open questions and FAQ
This could be a session where key contributors are available to answer,
present and discuss general issues. I am thinking of a single session
with about 4-5 experts on certain areas [ALSA, MIDI/Sequencing, PCM
recording (ardour ...), sound synthesis (pd, synths) ]. The audience can
then ask specific questions ("How do I this or that?") without needing
to know who can answer. And it can be demonstrated right during the
session. We can even broadcast the session over the web (provided ZKM
has high-speed internet access) and accept questions through an IRC or
something. I am willing to help with the required preperation.

-M

--
Martin Wolters
Creative ATC