[linux-audio-dev] Plugin APIs (again)

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Dec 5 05:20:00 UTC 2002

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 08:43:11 -0800, Tim Hockin wrote:
> So how do VST effects do it?  I can increase the delay feedback all I like and
> it doesn't hiccup, stutter, or misbehave at all.  You're saying that this is
> a non-rt control because it might have to realloc() buffers?

Delay feedback is a RT control, delay time might not be (depending on how
its implemented).

I'm not sure how this can be handled easily, there are lots of things like
not sure that something like a sampler belongs in this kind of API. I know
there are VSTi samplers, but windows people dont have jack.

I could be that everything that can be usfully implemented in this kind of
API doesnt need non RT controls.

- Steve