[linux-audio-dev] HDSP 9652 Users - Request for info

D R Holsbeck drh at niptron.com
Tue Dec 10 14:12:01 UTC 2002

have you tried doing it manually?

modprobe -v snd-hammerfall-mem
modprobe -v snd-hdsp

what happens? Make sure you load the snd-hammerfall-mem modules before
any other module.

also you will have to set the output levels on the channels. If you run
the command "amixer contents" you should see something like

numid=11,iface=MIXER,name='Chn',index=1
  ; type=INTEGER,access=rw---,values=1,min=0,max=65536,step=1
  : values=0

one for each of the 26 channels, index=(1-25). You can set the volume
with the following script

#!/bin/bash

for i in $(seq 1 26);do
amixer -c 0 sset 'Chn',$i 85%
done

if all this goes well you should be ready to go. If you dont get any
output, but everything works ok, try setting up the card, then do a warm
reboot (ctl-alt-delete) and set it up again.

drh at niptron.com

Did you know that if you took all the economists in the world and lined
them up end to end, they'd still point in the wrong direction?