[linux-audio-dev] [admin] lau postings from lad'ers [was Fwd: [admin] list policy, non-member posting]

Joern Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Tue Dec 10 16:16:01 UTC 2002

hi guys !

as most of you will know, the linux-audio-user list is members-only.
many of you post helpful and perfectly on-topic replies there, which is
great, but unfortunately from a non-subscribed address, which is not :(
i used to hand-approve them, but there are just too many of those
messages now to do that, so i'm getting anal about the policy and reject
everything regardless of sender or topic.
please, everyone, do not cease to follow lau, and please do share your
expertise, but also please do it from a subscribed account. it really
hurts me to stash messages from bill s. or paul d. into the bit bucket,
but i just can't keep up. :(

unfortunately, there is no easy and reliable way to tell mailman to
accept all members of another list as posters, and i do not have the
necessary privileges on the list server to roll my own
cross-authentication.

check out the possibility described below if you need to post from
several mail accounts.

best,

jörn

forwarded from lau: