[linux-audio-dev] LADSPA and Softsynths

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Dec 10 17:56:01 UTC 2002

Hi,
Richard Furse hat gesagt: // Richard Furse wrote:

> Just an observation about an alternative path on softsynths: a LADSPA plugin
> or network can be used easily enough as a softsynth using control-voltage
> (CV) approaches (a few already exist). It's just a matter of agreeing the
> conventions - implementation is trivial.
>
> I've been meaning to finish writing PNet for a while (I've mentioned it a
> few times) - essentially an environment where LADSPA plugins are strung
> together to form a "patch" and are wired up to "standard" CV controls for
> pitch, velocity, MIDI CC etc.

I wonder, how this differs from the approach in Pure Data (Pd). The
[plugin~] Pd-external can load LADSPA plugins and connects them to the
rest of the signal world. I think, Alsa Modular Synth or SSM do something
similar, but I didn't use those for a long time. Or do I miss the
point and PNet is something to build an object file to load inside
another application? A LADSPA-Meta-plugin?

ciao