[linux-audio-dev] LADSPA and Softsynths

Richard Furse rf015d9821 at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Dec 10 19:12:00 UTC 2002

Yep, pd and suchlike excellent environments for putting together networks.
However, other applications don't import pd patches or instruments and there
is no way to share softsynths on Linux. Hence the current API debate.

What I'd like to see is a simple XML format for LADSPA plugin networks and
instruments. PNet is a bit of a red herring - it's value would be as a tiny
testbed host and a source of reference code to stuff into other hosts as
needed.

Admittedly LADSPA's current lack of a string data type would make coding of
sample-based instruments difficult...

--Richard