[linux-audio-dev] LADSPA and Softsynths

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Dec 10 18:24:00 UTC 2002

On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 07:11:51PM -0000, Richard Furse wrote:
> pure-LADSPA networks. BTW, is anyone doing this already? If so, 50% of the
> code is already done. ;-) I'm thinking in terms of defining a synth using
> two patches - one to define the per-note network required (e.g.
> CV->osc->filter->OUT) and another for any per-instrument post processing
> (e.g. IN->chorus->reverb->OUT).

AlsaModularSynth can do most of this (it its natively CV, but has routing
limitations), SpiralSynthModular can do the rest (it has no routing
limitations, but isn't natively CV).

As both are jack capable you can bolt together really amazing uber synths.

I'm not quite sure how either of them handle that newfangled poly-phoney
that seems so popular these days ;) It is quite tricky to get right in
true modular systems. The method you describe is the one I prefer, though
I'm not really a big user.

- Steve