[linux-audio-dev] Plugin APIs (again)

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Tue Dec 10 18:55:01 UTC 2002

On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 10:56:41PM +0000, Steve Harris wrote:
> Yeah, saol .so's would rock. Some problem with global varaibles IIRC, I
> think there might be an ELF hack to get round it but I never looked into
> it too closely.

This came up a looooong time ago when I looked into making
LADSPA a target for sfront.  IIRC, you are correct:
John L. said that some global variables would prevent multiple
instances of the same plugin being loaded at once.

Then JACK came along, and I decided to drop that idea and pursue
getting sfront to compile JACK clients. It works, mostly...
and one day I'll clean it up enough to submit to John L. to
distribute with sfront... really, I will... honest...

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com