[linux-audio-dev] XAP: Pitch control

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Dec 11 06:16:01 UTC 2002

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 01:39:12 +0100, David Olofson wrote:
> Anyway, given that a converter plugin instance can only ever be
> called once per buffer, and could potentially handle multiple
> channels, I'm sure it will be quite a bit faster than host callbacks
> when it actually matters: when you're flooded with events.

Maybe. My objection to converters is more that they imply two parallel
representations of frequency (in the broad sense of the word), which seems
like a mistake.

I still maintain that your average DSP programmer is capable of multiplying
an octave number by 12 to get a 12tET MIDI note number. Even a VST
programmer ;)

I said I was going to stop arguing this point! Oh well.

- Steve