[linux-audio-dev] JACK - Current state?

Oliver okuederle at yahoo.de
Thu Dec 12 09:07:00 UTC 2002

Hi,

I'm currently looking at JACK (http://jackit.sourceforge.net/) for a small
project I'd like to work on some time soon. It sounds like a promising concept.
It's interesting for me because I don't have to write my own audio loop. My
questions are:

-Is it in a state where I can actually use it? Or are there so many things
still to be done so you wouldn't advise me to build something on top of it?

-Is there any competing "product" at the moment? What are the chances that JACK
will be the standard in the future? (Try to remain as objective as you can,
please.)

Thanks for your help.
-Oliver