[linux-audio-dev] Blockless processing

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Fri Dec 13 12:03:00 UTC 2002

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 04:06:46PM +0000, Nathaniel Virgo wrote:
> I don't think a gui is necessary - just a little syntactic sugar would do.
> After all, people have been using csound for years and it's semantically not
> too different from this.

Which reminds me to ask what I've been wondering all along
about this discussion...
What does your thingie do that sfront doesn't do?
sfront compiles SAOL / SASL text files (describing a
processing & synthesis network) down to C which
compiles nicely with GCC.

the basic idea is not new either... IIRC, Common Music
does much the same thing starting from a lisp dialect.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com