[linux-audio-dev] Re: Cheby amp code

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Mon Nov 4 14:14:00 UTC 2002

On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 06:39:33PM +0000, Steve Harris wrote:

> Do you have any thoughts on trying to gather transfer functions
> with saws by any chance?

Circular saw? Skillsaw? Seriously, this stuff is beyond me.
I know diddley-squat about DSP.

> For the record my current guess for an amp process is:
>
>               .-> bandpass -> shaper -.     .--- LP <--.
>               |                       |     v          |
> input -> EQ? -+-> bandpass -> shaper -+-> delay -> EQ ---> output
>               |                       |
>               `-> bandpass -> shaper -'

well, we'd have to try it and see :)

the delay w/ lp in feedback -  is that basically
how you make a resonant lopass filter?

> dont bother. The EQ? could be optional if you have enough bandpasses.

Sure, if there is pre-shaper and post-shaper gain for each
band then that's your EQ.  Lot of parameters to control,
though.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com