[linux-audio-dev] Re: image problem [was Re: [Alsa-devel] help for a levelmeter]

Mark Knecht markknecht at attbi.com
Fri Nov 8 15:45:01 UTC 2002

Len,
   I agree with your point here, but do not understand the idea that "if
Linux audio developers had the time and inclination to offer their design
and/or consulting services" is getting in your way. Are you saying you can't
find developers to hire? Or are you saying you only want to hire them for
the duration of the project design? The former take a real monetary
commitment to put people on staff. That's pretty difficult financially. I
think that most companies think about doing this and then worry that they
won't find customers because people can get free software. I'd encourage
managers and executives not to think that way. I'd pay regular retail prices
for any program that could compete with Logic, Pro Tools or Cubase SX on the
Linux platform. As a user I feel a bit trapped that I can't get the software
I want today AT ANY PRICE on Linux because the open source model makes it
hard for companies to make the investment.

   Just my 2 cents...

Mark