[linux-audio-dev] Re: image problem [was Re: [Alsa-devel] help for a levelmeter]

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sat Nov 9 10:26:00 UTC 2002

>> Not to be sarcastic, but I'm pretty sure that LAD programmers refusing
>> offers of work isn't the cause of the lack of linux-based audio products.
>
>I think that it's a prime cause.  I'd say that it takes a company with
>commercial interests to see a product through development to the point where
>it is ready to release to customers for sale.

if i was an existing audio software+hardware company who understand
what linux could mean for my business, and i saw that someone had
written a tool like ardour more or less on his own in less than 3
years, i'd be fairly interested in talking with him about
possibilities, at least.

nobody has ever offered or even talked about hiring me as an
employee. only 2 companies have talked about using me as a
consultant. i think its reasonable to conclude that the offers of work
are not out there at this point in time.

--p