[linux-audio-dev] Re: image problem [was Re: [Alsa-devel] help for a levelmeter]

Len Moskowitz vze24hrw at verizon.net
Tue Nov 12 13:17:10 UTC 2002

"Paul Davis" <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com>

> nobody has ever offered or even talked about hiring me as an
> employee. only 2 companies have talked about using me as a
> consultant. i think its reasonable to conclude that the offers of work
> are not out there at this point in time.

For DAW applications, you're probably right.  The MS Windows & Apple OS
worlds already have solid audio applications so moving those folks to Linux
is difficult  (Yes, I've read the "Ardour and Money" page on SourceForge and
I'm sympathetic with your motivations.)

To attract commercial attention, a Linux audio application would have to
offer either a unique feature (or group of features) that's commercially
attractive or a significant customer base unreached by Windows/OS products.

Len Moskowitz
Core Sound