[linux-audio-dev] Gigasampler vs Halion PR war

Sebastien Metrot meeloo at noos.fr
Mon Nov 11 11:06:00 UTC 2002

I think I allready told the audience here about it but nobody seemed to
listen :-).
A good friend of mine works for steinberg. He worked (and still works) on
Halion. He told me that steinberg only proved previous work with the cubase
audio engine as cubase allready cache audio in ram and is a musical device.
It was enough for them to stay away from the patent fight with nemesys and
their friends. This info comes directly from Karl Steinberg via my friend
who is the author of CDXtract and of the conversion engine of Halion. Of
course one can still argue and imagine a plot around this but it seems
reasonable to me.

Sebastien