[linux-audio-dev] Announcing initial release of FreqTweak

Thomas Charbonnel thomas at undata.org
Sun Oct 13 19:05:00 UTC 2002

On Sun, 2002-10-13 at 19:26, Jesse Chappell wrote:
> Announcing the initial release of FreqTweak (v0.4)
>
> http://freqtweak.sourceforge.net

This is a really impressive piece of software. You did an excellent job,
and the sound is just amazing. FFT is real good when processing stereo
signals as it keeps phase relationships between both channels, and I
love the twisted but somehow natural sounds it produces.

I've been playing with FreqTweak for a couple of hours now, and it
segfaulted several time, most notably with large window sizes.
The preset "load" button causes a segfault if the listbox is empty.

Here's a quick wishlist:
- being able to use the under-the-threshold part of the signal in the
gate module, a la Logic Audio Spectral Gate
- being able to apply pitch modifications within each pass of the delay
feedback (maybe this one is total sci-fi as it would imply a recursive
behaviour, but I think the resulting sounds could be really interesting)
- being able to undock each module in its own window.
- being able to extend the maximum delay time (more than 10 secs would
be nice).

Thanks for this great app, Jesse !

Regards,
Thomas