[linux-audio-dev] Announcing initial release of FreqTweak

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Sun Oct 13 21:12:01 UTC 2002

Thomas wrote:

> I've been playing with FreqTweak for a couple of hours now, and it
> segfaulted several time, most notably with large window sizes.
> The preset "load" button causes a segfault if the listbox is empty.

Thanks for the load button tip, it is now fixed in the latest CVS.
The segfaults at large FFT sizes are buffer overrun gremlins, I'm sure...
gdb hasn't helped yet on those.

> Here's a quick wishlist:

> - being able to use the under-the-threshold part of the signal in the gate
> module, a la Logic Audio Spectral Gate

I need to check it out...

> - being able to apply pitch modifications within each pass of the delay
> feedback (maybe this one is total sci-fi as it would imply a recursive
> behaviour, but I think the resulting sounds could be really interesting)

I'll have to think about this!  It hurts my brain...

> - being able to undock each module in its own window.
Yeah, the modules could use some more "modularity" all the way around.
Reordering, total minimization, popoff, etc.  I seem to be running out of
mouse-button-modifiers too, it is already pretty absurd.

> - being able to extend the maximum delay time (more than 10 secs would be
> nice).

This is no problem.... I don't want it to be _too_ much of a memory hog, but
selectable delay times are nice.  I would probably deactivate - realloc -
activate as a tradeoff (that way I can support as much delay as you have memory)
at the expense of interrupted audio on transitions.

> Thanks for this great app, Jesse !

My pleasure :)

jlc