[linux-audio-dev] Re: [Jackit-devel] Announcing initial release of FreqTweak

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Sun Oct 13 20:56:00 UTC 2002

Steve,

> Could you add a 4096 bin mode? I've got some great burbling noises coming out
> at 2048, but I think the extra res. would make it even better.

Check out the latest CVS... I threw it in for you ;)
Memory usage is a bit higher (but not by much...).

> I did once manage to get FT disconnected from jack when changing bin sizes,
> but only once out of a few dozen changes, so it might be unrealted.

Yes, I believe there are some buffer overrun gremlins hiding in there that
really only come out at those big FFT sizes.  I find that I lose too much
time-domain resolution at those sizes for anything with transients. It just
mushes right up.

jlc