[linux-audio-dev] freqtweak release 0.4.3

Joern Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Wed Oct 16 02:32:00 UTC 2002

Jesse Chappell wrote:

> After troubleshooting configuration problems with several users, I believe I
> have fixed the problem with the configure script that prevented some people from
> building freqtweak.  Anyone who had problems should definitely try the new
> release.
>
> Along with that, you get a 4096 freq bin mode, and a few tiny bugfixes.
>
> http://freqtweak.sourceforge.net/
>
> I added a short example of how to pipe alsaplayer through freqtweak and out your
> speakers without messing with JACK patchbays (see Usage Tips section).

stop ! no more of this !
i made the horrible mistake of hooking a microphone into freqtweak.
whaaah! 3 hours of wasted time, and my reputation among the neighbours
is at an all-time low. (except among the few who have begun to believe
i'm an evil alien conducting hideous rituals in my hideaway - those are
actually showing *more* respect.)

i'm looking forward to the 4096 bin mode. incurable as i am, i tried
some serious work too: clipping the bass off a mix of an organ trio i
did on bad monitors, and i felt the resolution in the lowest 3 bands was
not fine-grained enough. i'll try again with the new release.
watch out, jesse: this might become a killer mastering tool, and people
will start pestering you with complicated and boring-to-implement
feature requests...

kudos,

jörn

--