[linux-audio-dev] Re: freqtweak release 0.4.3

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Wed Oct 16 09:59:00 UTC 2002

Yes, I am open to feature requests, but let's move these discussions
to freqtweak-user at lists.sourceforge.net ....

Steve Harris wrote on Wed, 16-Oct-2002:

 > Settings morphing - crossfading parameters between a pair of settings -
 > that would be cool.

Cool indeed....  the simplicity of the GUI will soon be a thing
of the past :}

 > Could you change the pitch scale from a coefficient to semitones? I
 > think this would be more natural.

Yeah, I was thinking I should do this soon.  Along with some
sort of grid and grid-snapping.

 > When I click in one of the parameter sets and drag the mouse, it changes
 > the parameters in bigish blocks, is it possible to smooth this out a bit?

Two ways to do it right now.  Resize the row to make it bigger.
 Zoom in to the y-range you care about by using Ctrl-Alt-Shift
left drag.  Ctrl-Alt-Shift Right-click resets to full.   Oh,
you probably mean in the x-axis....  yeah, I make parameter
changes across the range of mouse-events I get, the faster you
move, the pixels between mouse events.  I just set the same
y-val to all between.   Do you think doing a linear interpolation
would be appropriate?

 > A smooth button that averages neghbouring parameters values (or something
 > like that).

This might be nice.... not too tough :)

Also, in regard to a previous message from Steve, the bin transpose
idea I also tried early on, but I found it very hard to get
interesting or good sounds out of it, so I ditched it.  It might
have been an implemenatation problem, so I will try again.

jlc