[linux-audio-dev] Re: image problem [was Re: [Alsa-devel] help for a levelmeter]

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Mon Oct 21 11:26:00 UTC 2002

Richard Bown wrote:
> On Monday 21 October 2002 13:29, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>

>>Do a search on google for anything with music and recording in the
>>search.
>

> Yikes.

I thought you might say that ;)

>>If you would like to have your name or business on the list can you
>>let me know. I will add a page to djcj.org.
>

> While I applaud your conviction - I still don't quite get it.  If you're
> collecting names and buying advertising space does this now make you an
> agency?  And if so will you be collecting commissions at any point in
> the future?  And can you prove this?

I'm not interested in taking revenues from people who want to be listed.
I'll make some disclaimers in regards to that just to make sure people
have no misconceptions.

I'm not interested in under cutting the hard work of the LAD community
if you are worried about that. Do you realise that I run Boost Hardware?
If you haven't already seen the website for BH you should take a look,
that will give you a better impression of what some of my motivation is.

> Forgive my scepticism but I was brought up to believe that you don't
> ever get something for nothing.

Well I don't consider the work put in by the LADers to be nothing and I
most certainly don't consider the work I do to be nothing. In terms of
money I would like to be financially stable solely from selling the
equipment I can build. Currently that isn't how I make my cash.

Anyway in terms of the pecking order of people who seem to be giving a
lot for no financial return, I'm pretty low in the ranks.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur

"Um...symbol_get and symbol_put... They're
kindof like does anyone remember like get_symbol
and put_symbol I think we used to have..."
- Rusty Russell in his talk on the module subsystem