[linux-audio-dev] Re: image problem [was Re: [Alsa-devel] help for a levelmeter]

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Mon Oct 21 15:26:00 UTC 2002

Steve Harris said something like:

 > We run the risk of annoying people by starting an ad campaign now.

This didn't sit with me when I read it. Now I think I know why.

Why should we let these people who could get annoyed wait for us to
polish the products to perfection. If they want to use them as much as
they say they do they should not be under the impression that we are
happy to be unpaid workhorses so they can gain without showing respect.

They should be contributing in some way and for many of them it will be
financial assistance that is the easiest option.

If they are not prepared to contribute code or time in debugging or
skills in documentation construction then they should have the option of
  contributing financially to the community.

They are far more likely to donate to a community run initiative than to
any independant project.

Mark said we need a game plan and list of necessary targets for
stability of the Linux Audio Platform. I feel I'm presenting one part of
that here.

But am I just wasting my breath because the Agnula crew are going to do
all the work for us?

Anyone from the Agnula project have a position on this?

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur

"Um...symbol_get and symbol_put... They're
kindof like does anyone remember like get_symbol
and put_symbol I think we used to have..."
- Rusty Russell in his talk on the module subsystem