[linux-audio-dev] Re: image problem [was Re: [Alsa-devel] help for a levelmeter]

ian deviant at custard.org
Mon Oct 21 22:09:00 UTC 2002

While jack isn't intended for general use, it definitely isn't hard to use
at all. It's a fantastic piece of software - easy to use (and even easier
to write applications that use it). It's one of the best things that ever
happened for linux audio.
Perhaps Peter is having trouble getting jackd running? Try:
jackd -d alsa
That should get it running with the default parameters, and let you
connect clients and hear them. There are also some example clients
included with it.
Good luck with it,
Ian