[linux-audio-dev] [ann] unmatched - a LADSPA amp tone

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Tue Oct 22 12:59:01 UTC 2002

On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 12:41:38PM +0100, Steve Harris wrote:
> > the recording seems to be of decent quality, and the iir
> > response irons away most of the noise anyway. but the most
> > important thing is i like the sound of it, which i do a lot.
> > i've tried about every of your impulses and, would you
> > believe it, liked the fenders the least. i regularly play
> > a fender super 60, for ten years or so. :) got to take
> > a response from it someday myself.
>
> Sadly heres where my zero knowledge of amps kicks in ;) I wouldn't know a
> fender form a hole in the ground.

I recently acquired my first vintage amp -
a '63 Gibson GA-30 RVT in very good shape.
It's pretty versatile and doesn't sound quite like anything else
I've played. I'd be happy to donate some impulses, with various
mics / positions and amp settings, if somebody can tell me a good way
to do it. How do you generate the impulse?  (I've tried simply creating
a sample with 1 frame at maximum followed by zeroes, but this seems
not to make it through the D/A conversion - it comes out as dead
silence.)

I also have some very odd impulses lying around somewhere if
I can find them - made by popping balloons in and around
some 20' by 5' steel tanks that were in the basement of
a converted industrial building I used to live in.

--

Paul Winkler
"Welcome to Muppet Labs, where the future is made - today!"