[linux-audio-dev] Re: image problem [was Re: [Alsa-devel] hel p for a levelmeter]

STEFFL, ERIK (SBCSI) es6269 at sbc.com
Tue Oct 22 16:12:01 UTC 2002

  and which are those? I know of no way to get information about how
good/complete the alsa driver is. I have read number of thread on various
mailing lists/forums etc. about which cards to use (for different purposes)
and I didn't find any useful information... The docs at alsa site are pretty
much useless for this purpose (as far as I can tell).

  BTW creative provides some linux support. Plus the sound matrix at
http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/ doesn't say there are problems getting
docs from manufacturer.

> You seem to be forgetting that most of the drivers are written by
> volunteers working without documentation.

  no I don't. I am not saying somebody should go and fix my problems. I was
just ranting because I am frustrated and I hope it will provide semi-useful
feedback to somebody... (and somebody will go and fix my problems:-)
possibly... and we were talking about acceptance of linux audio.

	erik