[linux-audio-dev] Re: image problem [was Re: [Alsa-devel] help for a levelmeter]

Peter L Jones peter at drealm.org.uk
Tue Oct 22 16:45:01 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 22 Oct 2002 12:55, Kai Vehmanen wrote:
[snip]
> > JACK is not yet finished, and it has some definite usability issues
> > that need to be resolved. but it is not, and i hope will never be
> > (primarily) a general purpose sound server.
>
> In other words, development&testing help is welcome!

I'd love to help.  But at the moment I don't have the support I need to
determine whether or not I can.

I understand that getting low latency is an extremely complex issue.  What I'd
like to see, though, is some tool that will step me through a problem solving
session to identify whether I really have done everything possible and I'm
going to have to suffer.

When I run latencytest0.42-png from sbenno at gardena.net, I get about 99% sub
2ms latency.  But jack still complains of xruns of about 50ms.  There's
something here I'm simply failing to understand... but I don't know where to
start investigating.

-- Peter