[linux-audio-dev] Re: image problem [was Re: [Alsa-devel] help for a levelmeter]

Kai Vehmanen kai.vehmanen at wakkanet.fi
Tue Oct 22 17:15:01 UTC 2002

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, Peter L Jones wrote:

> When I run latencytest0.42-png from sbenno at gardena.net, I get about 99% sub
> 2ms latency.  But jack still complains of xruns of about 50ms.  There's
> something here I'm simply failing to understand... but I don't know where to

Are you running JACK as root with "-R" or with "-R --asio"? Do these 50ms
xruns occur even if you don't have any clients connected? If that's not
the case, what client apps you have tested with? Also, do these xruns
happen all by themself, or are you doing something at the same time (maybe
moving windows or something). Does the HD led go on when the xrun occurs
(kernel maybe syncing its caches)? What kernel, with low-latency patches,
with pre-emption enabled or not?

--
 http://www.eca.cx
 Audio software for Linux!