[linux-audio-dev] Soundcard spotting

Bob Ham node at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Oct 23 12:54:00 UTC 2002

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 01:22:41AM +0300, Kai Vehmanen wrote:

> Ok, maybe the current SB cards are better, but I'll
> never forgive the company the disappointment their AWE64Gold caused me.
> Such waste of money! ;)

Oi!  I won't have a word against the AWE cards.  This track:

http://pkl.net/~node/music/obelisk_init()-ep_01_the-stone-circle.mp3

was done entirely on a P200 with an AWE 64 (not Value, or Gold, just plain
old "AWE 64") which, imvho, ain't bad :)  I don't know about you studio
people with all your "low latency, 10 in, 10 out, 24/96" gubbins, but my
AWE has served me well :)

Bob