[linux-audio-dev] Soundcard spotting

ljp ljp at llornkcor.com
Wed Oct 23 12:59:00 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 23 October 2002 12:49 pm, Bob Ham wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 01:22:41AM +0300, Kai Vehmanen wrote:
> > Ok, maybe the current SB cards are better, but I'll
> > never forgive the company the disappointment their AWE64Gold caused me.
> > Such waste of money! ;)
>
> Oi!  I won't have a word against the AWE cards.  This track:
>
> http://pkl.net/~node/music/obelisk_init()-ep_01_the-stone-circle.mp3
>
> was done entirely on a P200 with an AWE 64 (not Value, or Gold, just plain
> old "AWE 64") which, imvho, ain't bad :)  I don't know about you studio
> people with all your "low latency, 10 in, 10 out, 24/96" gubbins, but my
> AWE has served me well :)
>
> Bob

It's not the equipment you have that really counts.. it's what you do with it!

--
My cat's a debugger..

Potter "ljp", Lorn
core member
Project OPIE- the Open Palmtop Integrated Environment
http://opie.handhelds.org | http://www.opie.info (german) |
http://www.opie.us
IRC: irc.freenode.net #opie #opie.de

llornkcor at handhelds.org