[linux-audio-dev] Re: [linux-audio-announce] DJCJ Linux Audio Developers Tech Support database.

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Mon Oct 28 07:41:01 UTC 2002

Conrad Parker wrote:

> for example, we could provide some level of commercial support for Linux
> audio stuff from CSIRO, but we could only focus on a small domain (MPEG
> audio, vorbis, sweep, and custom engineering related to analysis) and can't
> possibly list ourselves as providing general Linux audio tech support.
> We're primarily a research agency and any external work we take on needs to
> be somehow relevant to our projects.
>
> I'd imagine there'd be a large number of people who similarly wouldn't be
> willing to list themselves for general tech support, due to only having
> limited skills or interests, or simply for commercial reasons.

Conrad has made a good case for providing a column to list the skills,
specialities of each supporter/company. Only I cannot decide on the best
word to represent that. Any suggestions?

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur

"Um...symbol_get and symbol_put... They're
kindof like does anyone remember like get_symbol
and put_symbol I think we used to have..."
- Rusty Russell in his talk on the module subsystem